Last Stand for Corsair
First Page 2 3 4
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2011-12-17 20:01:57
Link | Citer | R

I only have 1/5 in Last Stand so its only doing 1k damage would like to see or hear anything about it 5/5 for Corsair before I merit it any further also viable WS sets for it
 Leviathan.Tealsic
user: Tealsic
By Leviathan.Tealsic 2011-12-17 20:18:28
Link | Citer | R

5/5 it not like you play anything else besides nin lol
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-17 20:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Last Stand for cor is mostly used for when wildfire isnt good (mobs with mdt, mdb)
[+]
 Fenrir.Arcas
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Arcas
By Fenrir.Arcas 2011-12-18 00:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Just started towards getting this WS up to 5/5 but I'm curious as to what would be a good build for Last Stand. I've started with stacking AGI, just looking for improvements.

Not ideal that's for sure, but this is just what I had on me to slap together, not a final product. Could use new earrings, and Alruna's Gloves would be an upgrade that comes to mind, sadly though there's never any on the AH.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'd love to hear some.
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
user: Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2011-12-18 17:48:12
Link | Citer | R

bumping this... would like to know some ideal WS setups
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-18 17:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Arcas said: »
Alruna's gloves are a musthave! Also I'm using Commodore belt for waist on this.
If you want to be nitpicky there's also the new VW body with agi+15(Athos' tabard) and the Arvina ringlet which could be potentially a nice addition.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-20 11:35:43
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to see some numbers. I can't imagine that it will be good enough to beat Wildfire in the majority of situations, and the situations where it will be useful probably will not make it worth giving up another ws on another job that would be used far more frequently.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-12-20 11:54:42
Link | Citer | R

did niot make screenshots in that run but with our corsair it was nuts.
highest i saw was 4004 on gears if i recall correctly. Yeah, they're weak to piercing but still proves that this ws has a reason to be used.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-20 12:11:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'd like to see some numbers. I can't imagine that it will be good enough to beat Wildfire in the majority of situations, and the situations where it will be useful probably will not make it worth giving up another ws on another job that would be used far more frequently.
In Voidwatch it did not far below WF for me and it was an awesome alternative on mobs with magic resistance. It's a very good ws that allows us to be useful on any enemy(looking at you Ildebrann...)

Edit: I was using this set(still kinda temporary, haven't had the chance to look more into it)

Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-20 12:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Aye. We'll have to see. It really just depends how much it does in the grand scheme and how frequently it will be better than Wildfire. As much as I love corsair, I have a lot of hats I'm asked to wear for my linkshell's activities and if it's going to be that compartmentalized in its use, I'll probably hit another ws out of which I can see more mileage overall.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-20 13:43:30
Link | Citer | R

For me it was doing from 1k to 1.8k on T1 Jeuno mobs the other day(with the above set)depending on the enemy's resistance.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-20 13:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
For me it was doing from 1k to 1.8k on T1 Jeuno mobs the other day(with the above set)depending on the enemy's resistance.

5/5?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-20 13:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Yes, full merits.
 Bahamut.Blackdeamon
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blackdeamon 2011-12-20 14:31:49
Link | Citer | R

ima doing like 2k-3,5k outside abyssea on easy mobs like Kuftal lizards crabs or Vollbow terrain mobs and same dmg inside abyssea with AGI atmas (base AGI+240)with 5/5 merits up (tested only on abyssea altep Treant mobs), its almost same dmg i do with Wildfire outside abyssea but on VW NMs this WS sucks as hell with only 1-2k dmg and no aftermath Wildfire wins outside and inside abyssea for sure . For the ppl without Armageddon/Wildfire this WS is still a good option .
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2011-12-20 15:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Blackdeamon said: »
ima doing like 2k-3,5k outside abyssea on easy mobs like Kuftal lizards crabs or Vollbow terrain mobs and same dmg inside abyssea with AGI atmas (base AGI+240)with 5/5 merits up (tested only on abyssea altep Treant mobs), its almost same dmg i do with Wildfire outside abyssea but on VW NMs this WS sucks as hell with only 1-2k dmg and no aftermath Wildfire wins outside and inside abyssea for sure . For the ppl without Armageddon/Wildfire this WS is still a good option .

Shouldn't compare a physical based ws to a magic based ws considering some mobs will resist magic to physical and the other way around. Considering not everyone has WF (WoE version or Emp) also hard to put it on same level as WF because of that as well. While I don't have this WS myself (meriting up Shoha and Stardiver atm), I would like to know how it stacks up against Slugshot and Detonator (those 2 being the obvious physical WS choices one would use if magic wasn't the way to go.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-20 15:33:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
Shouldn't compare a physical based ws to a magic based ws considering some mobs will resist magic to physical and the other way around.
This.
Anyway it's much stronger than Slug and lolDetonator.

And I also would like to point out that Arma aftermath isn't relevant on cor.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2011-12-20 15:44:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
Shouldn't compare a physical based ws to a magic based ws considering some mobs will resist magic to physical and the other way around.
This.
Anyway it's much stronger than Slug and lolDetonator.

And I also would like to point out that Arma aftermath isn't relevant on cor.

Having used WF in abyssea exp pts and such... I agree, I generate plenty of tp from QD's/Tactician's roll/Miser's roll (tp return from ws) that even if I did shoot for some TP, I typically only get enough time to maybe get 2-3 shots before lvl 1 aftermath wears, and that's if I even bother to shoot lol.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-12-20 15:47:08
Link | Citer | R

i know this has nothing to do with cor but is this ws gun only?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2011-12-20 16:02:00
Link | Citer | R

edit: technically should be any marksman weapon so i guess xbow would work, but dunno many ppl who use xbow anymore
 Asura.Lokimaru
Serveur: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2011-12-20 16:09:00
Link | Citer | R

It's any Marksmanship weapon, since THF can use it with all their crossbows.
 Cerberus.Bee
user: Akihiko
By Cerberus.Bee 2011-12-24 01:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, bit disappointed by the damage, but it's still reliable for stuff that you would otherwise have to use Slug Shot on due to strong fire/magic resistance. 3/5, decent gear, was doing around ~2k (GH, Kirin, Strangling Wind) to buffaloes in Uleg compared to ~4.2k Leadens. Oh well. :S
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-24 04:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Well this is relevant for VW mobs resistant to magic, not for lolyssea.
 Siren.Seiri
Serveur: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-12-24 05:57:18
Link | Citer | R

On topic of abyssea, I was pulling off an average of 4877 on dolls during my altep party last night, high of 5802 low of 4271. This is 5/5, full merits.

GH/drifter/stout arm

Ear2 is weak, think the rest is fine.
By LakshmiArtemas 2011-12-25 19:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Did 2k on Pil last night on Cor with Misers/Chaos roll.

Used Stoertebeker, Oberon's bullet, Vulcan's Staff.

input /equip head "Nvrch. Tricorne +2" <me>;
input /equip L.ear "Suppanomimi" <me>;
input /equip body "Loki's Kaftan" <me>;
input /equip L.ring "Blobnag Ring" <me>;
input /equip back "Blithe Mantle" <me>;
input /equip hands "Alruna's Gloves" <me>;
input /equip R.ear "Clearview Earring" <me>;
input /equip sub "Verse Strap +1" <me>;
input /equip R.ring "Solemn Ring" <me>;
input /equip neck "Light Gorget" <me>;
input /equip legs "Ambusher's Hose" <me>;
input /equip feet "Nvrch. Bottes +1" <me>
input /equip waist "Light Belt" <me>;
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-12-30 19:36:56
Link | Citer | R

How much better is Light belt than the +7agi belt? What about Terebellum vs an agi back?
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-30 22:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said: »
How much better is Light belt than the +7agi belt? What about Terebellum vs an agi back?

Last Stand is 2 hit, and WS belt/gorget apply to both hits, plus extra racc from the belt, I'd say belt wins.

Also I'd pick Tere over AGI+5 back.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-30 23:22:57
Link | Citer | R

This is the Last Stand set I'm working on, any suggestions are welcomed.

This is /WAR btw, which gives Fencer for extra 20 TP bonus, and berserk/warcry.

Mirador should have close or same amount of dmg as Ambushers if fSTR2 uncapped since 6 STR gives 3 rattk, but that huge amount of racc and enmity- makes it a good choice for stuff like VW.

Other wise if racc isn't an issue, Oce. Headpiece+1 and Ambushers for head/leg slot.

Since you don't need to boost WS dmg with fire shot if using physical WS, there's also no need to stick with fire shot/AF3+2 feet when you only need 1 QD to reach 100 TP and not doing 2nd one.

This is the QD setup I'm aiming for Last Stand, elemental Obi/Zodiac ring depending on the day/weather(if you do VW in certain zones, weather may be up), that offers 13% extra QD dmg at least unless it's light/darks day(staff is 15%, so not that much QD dmg lose on none-firesday). Another alternatives is HQ wlegs with MAB+6 augment plus AF3+2 feet, higher macc but losing STP on legs slot.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-12-31 03:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Why no Schutzen mittens?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-12-31 03:16:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said: »
Why no Schutzen mittens?

You can if you want, but that's really just side grade and doesn't make a difference(Losing 6 MAB for 2.5 extra TP). Depending on the random amount of regain you have you may get TP overflow from 2.5 extra TP, and you may hit exactly 100 with extra TP.

So just use w/e, as long as your set has 2 AF3+2s.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-12-31 10:56:42
Link | Citer | R

How are you losing 6mab?
First Page 2 3 4