Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-19 16:33:13
Link | Citer | R

08-19-2011 02:46 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

In regards to making new ammo, and making ammo more readily available in general, the development team is still looking into a variety of things, so please wait a bit more.

Currently the main reason high level ammo is not being circulated is due to the difficulty of obtaining the materials. We will be making adjustments in the upcoming version update so that these material items will be more prevalent and as a result the circulation of ammo should increase and prices should go down.

Join in on the discussion here about this topic.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-19 16:34:30
Link | Citer | R

Sweet, extortion just got 100% easier.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-08-19 16:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Hopefully it's enough of a change that I'll actualy be able to keep more than a single oberons bullet on my COR... Buuuuuut pretty soon those will be out dated if they add better ones between 91-99 for COR.. Let's hope lol
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-19 16:47:10
Link | Citer | R

I read the thread title as "amano", then subsequently went on to read the post -- twice -- under the impression the dev team wants to make Amano, especially high level Amano, more obtainable and readily available.

A third time I noticed what I was doing wrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-08-19 16:53:48
Link | Citer | R

maybe I can make use of my alchemy finally.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-19 16:58:17
Link | Citer | R

It's amazing what people will pay for dark adaman bullets. I'm almost tempted to sell some if I didn't use them for my RNG :|. I was guilty of buying them for WS at one point though.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-19 17:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »
Hopefully it's enough of a change that I'll actualy be able to keep more than a single oberons bullet on my COR... Buuuuuut pretty soon those will be out dated if they add better ones between 91-99 for COR.. Let's hope lol
most likely theyll look into augmenting the recipies so hopefully the trend will carry forward into new recipies.
 Asura.Ashleh
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-08-19 17:02:17
Link | Citer | R

Just send us the stuff we need to our D-Boxes, please.
 Carbuncle.Samir
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-08-21 06:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Best thing they could do is just have a NPC sell all type of Arrows and Bulllets for affordable prices.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-21 06:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Samir said: »
Best thing they could do is just have a NPC sell all type of Arrows and Bulllets for affordable prices.

and then crafters get punched in the *** for the sixty-seventh time
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-08-21 06:09:02
Link | Citer | R

In honor of Unlimited Shot and Quick Draw, I would like to see more rare ammo pieces that rock socks like the old conquest point ammo pieces used to.
Or even lolheavyshell that was never used because it required a hand cannon.

Shiva.Xellith
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-08-21 06:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said: »
Carbuncle.Samir said: »

and then crafters get punched in the *** for the sixty-seventh time

I'd like them to just make crafting ingredients more readily available. But I agree adding the ammo itself to the NPCs would be detrimental. Maybe gimpy ammo but the good ammo should be from Synthesis.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-21 06:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
In honor of Unlimited Shot, I would like to see more rare ammo pieces that rock socks like the old conquest point ammo pieces used to. Or lolheavyshell that was never used because it required a hand cannon.

Make them unusuable w/o QD or unlimited shot or something that doesn't take ammo then.. hate shooting them by mistake.
By Artemicion 2011-08-21 06:17:32
Link | Citer | R

That'd be pretty hard since they're meant to be shot by nature. Would be strange or impossible to give it DMG but a non-existent delay because of a locked position like non-expendable ammo pieces.
But perhaps it's something SE can get away with.
Otherwise we'll just need properly written macros/spellcast/auto-execs.

Luckily we can test them out on cheap ammo as long as you keep a close eye on the number remaining or just put one in your inventory.
Then again lag or overpushing or some other technical *** up can really ruin it for you.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-21 07:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Material availability is only part of the problem.

High level ammo also requires synergy.

Which I, even as a 100-level alchemist, despise using to make bullets.

It takes longer, requires more work and attention for fewer and slower results. You can't just plug mats into the box and hit enter and then chat up your ls or whatever. You've got to play their dumb little crafting mini-game. Not to mention skilling up synergy is so god damned boring.

Leave synergy for big-ticket items (Or, my preference, get rid of it entirely) and let us go back to crafting consumables via old crystal methods. That would make things a hell of a lot easier.

Because as long as I have to spend extra time screwing with elemental balances to make Oberon's/etc. bullets, I'm not selling them for any cheaper. Regardless of how much easier obtaining materials becomes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-08-21 08:00:49
Link | Citer | R

most of the ammo takes 2 or 3 80+ crafts plus synergy. it not just material availability.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-08-29 15:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Abundant materials + cheap synergy = winner.

Crystal synthesis is slow, painful and subject to breaks.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-29 22:37:51
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Synergy is slower, requires more attention, is more frustrating to fiddle with menus, requires more new skilling up and generally less fun to do.

It's a poorly designed mini-game. That's all.

I, for one, hate it.

Also, materials are not abundant, by any stretch of the imagination. Try putting together Oberon's Bullets at a reasonable pace for corsair and you'll realize that.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-29 22:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Make them unusuable w/o QD or unlimited shot or something that doesn't take ammo then.. hate shooting them by mistake.
the day i shot my 99th oberon bullet i quit playing cor forever :(
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-08-29 23:02:17
Link | Citer | R

You can bot crafting!

Is there such a thing for synergy?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-29 23:13:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm really not interested in botting my synths, but I like being able to pop ingredients into the craft window, hit enter and go out of window for 30-60 seconds and read a forum, article or whatever, or even just BS on the ls, rather than remain intently focused on whatever dumb aspect of synergy is going on right then and there.

The menus are clunky, EXTREMELY slow/delayed, have a faulty cursor memory that is used arbitrarily after different events and overall is not a precise tool.

Additionally, having to be healed/un-enfeebled while crafting is blood annoying no matter how you look at it.

Also, I don't know that you can reliably bot actual crafts, but I know people who have run a script or spellcast or something (I don't fiddle with these things, I think they're lame, so I don't know what exactly they used), but it ran a script that just spammed a certain item/element and skilled up their synergy for them.

Ultimately, it's something that's not fun to do and I just don't have the time to waste playing a faulty mini-game that's no fun.
 Midgardsormr.Sirtwitchalot
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Sirtwitchalot 2011-08-29 23:14:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Synergy is slower, requires more attention, is more frustrating to fiddle with menus, requires more new skilling up and generally less fun to do.

It's a poorly designed mini-game. That's all.

I, for one, hate it.

Also, materials are not abundant, by any stretch of the imagination. Try putting together Oberon's Bullets at a reasonable pace for corsair and you'll realize that.

Your server must be poorly populated. Takes me a whole 5 mins to walk to the AH, buy mats and synergize it, netting me 2-3 stacks of Oberons bullets for less then 20k.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-30 06:27:27
Link | Citer | R

Not poorly populated -- too many people for my taste, I used to be on Seraph, they merged us with Bismarck -- but not enough people do campaign, and exponentially fewer spend the time buying/otherwise obtaining the ore and making ingots.

Ingots are 25k/pop on Bismarck and rarely sell (current FFXI AH price history goes back to June as of this posting.)

Availabilty of materials is only part of the equation though, and the lesser portion at that; even with 100 alchemy and 60 goldsmithing I can't HQ without putting more into synergy because the stupid elements don't align finely enough, and skilling up synergy takes either botting or actual dedication to synergy, for neither of which I have the stomach.

I truly despise the synergy process.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-08-30 09:47:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Not poorly populated -- too many people for my taste, I used to be on Seraph, they merged us with Bismarck -- but not enough people do campaign, and exponentially fewer spend the time buying/otherwise obtaining the ore and making ingots.

Ingots are 25k/pop on Bismarck and rarely sell (current FFXI AH price history goes back to June as of this posting.)

Availabilty of materials is only part of the equation though, and the lesser portion at that; even with 100 alchemy and 60 goldsmithing I can't HQ without putting more into synergy because the stupid elements don't align finely enough, and skilling up synergy takes either botting or actual dedication to synergy, for neither of which I have the stomach.

I truly despise the synergy process.

My statement was that if SE lowered the rarity of certain items (Oberon's, Ruszor Tusks, Dark Adaman etc) used to make ammo that synergy would become the superior method in which to craft.

For one, Synergy crafts NQ at 99 versus traditional synthesis' 33. Every synth that goes into that furnace outputs me an entire stack of ammo with greater chances of 198 or 297 if fewell requirements are lined up.

Further, the dreaded explosions and loss of materials is impossible using synergy. Nothing grinds my gears more than having X amount of materials for a synth, being well over 60 levels on the synth cap and then crit fails/NQ fails leave me with uneven amounts of leftover material and less product than synergy.

SE needs to clean up Synergy because they have a good thing going. While flawed on some level, it is still superior to the oldschool dice rolls of synthesis.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-30 11:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
SE needs to clean up Synergy because they have a good thing going. While flawed on some level, it is still superior to the oldschool dice rolls of synthesis.

Make it less of a sideshow and more about a means to an end. I don't do synergy because I enjoy it. I do it because I need something in order to do something else that I enjoy.

The differences between synergy and crafting are things they could have enacted without adding the lame mini-game. Get me to doing my something else faster and I'll be happy.

But as it is, I freaking hate it.
 Siren.Barber
Serveur: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-08-30 11:16:06
Link | Citer | R

The hq rate with synergy far surpasses the HQ rate of tryng to synth these items would be now that the ingredients would suggest that ammo would be a T1 or even a T0 synth.

Remember that Kabura arrows are T1 to synth, and dweomer bullets/antlion arrows have requirements in the 80's as well. Using synthesis to have a high HQ rate and no breaks vs. breaks and a 10% hq rate is worth it to me.

Plus, anything that makes it even a slight bit tougher for a bot to churn out 10x as many finished items as a legit crafter is ok in my book.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-30 11:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Plus, anything that makes it even a slight bit tougher for a bot to churn out 10x as many finished items as a legit crafter is ok in my book.

You say this as a crafter, but bots actually keep costs down/stable for the average consumer by producing far more supply than your typical player-crafter shells out.

I do not advocate botting -- for crafting or any other activity -- but realize there are down sides to not being able to bot, and higher ammo prices are among them.