Spellcast .xml help
First Page 2
 Sylph.Lorax
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-07-26 09:34:21
Link | Citer | R

Anyone bored enough to help me build one? I'm looking to get really specific and incorporate a lot of different elements. Thanks in advance!
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-07-26 09:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lorax said:
Anyone bored enough to help me build one? I'm looking to get really specific and incorporate a lot of different elements. Thanks in advance!

You could start with being more specific in your request.

(snark aside, what are you looking to do?)
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-26 09:44:38
Link | Citer | R

The amount of effort in building a really good XML is enough that very few people are going to customize it for you specifically. I'd have simply asked for some good DRK XMLs and then tried to build off them. The only main issue in XML building or adaption is different methods people play and just how much you really want it to take care of.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-26 09:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Well, if your wanting to get really specific, do so in this thread, not just in your XML. Cause we got no idea what you're after till you tell us.

And, hey, maybe if it's interesting enough one of us will even code it for you. Or we may already have code for what you want. Just gotta find out what it is you're after.
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-07-26 10:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for the non-specific first post. I'm tired and multitasking.

I'm looking for an updated xml that has apoc aftermath stuff, inside abys and outside abys ws sets, obi/weather/day usage, auto-MDT set, and I'm sure i'm forgetting something in my sleep deprived state.

If anyone wants to help, I can email my current .xml and we can talk from there?
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-07-26 10:02:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lorax said:
auto-MDT set,

Most of that stuff is pretty easy, but what do you mean by this? As in, it swaps in automatically when something starts casting on you? Because spellcast doesn't do that. Autoexec maybe?
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2011-07-26 10:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Not meaning to hi-jack thread, but I felt starting a brand new thread for this purpose would be just plain silly. Recently whenever I'm running the RDM XML I have and I warp back to homepoint it causes Spellcast.dll to crash (Which for some reason makes Windower Crash). So I was wondering if I could post the XML into spoiler or something and one of you guys who are good with XML's could take a look at it and see why it does that.
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-07-26 10:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kelhor said:

Yes, I think you're right in that it requires auto-exec. But it should also require a MDT set within my spellcast .xml right? I suck at this, which is why I'm beggin' for help lol.
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-07-26 10:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dreamx said:
Not meaning to hi-jack thread, but I felt starting a brand new thread for this purpose would be just plain silly. Recently whenever I'm running the RDM XML I have and I warp back to homepoint it causes Spellcast.dll to crash (Which for some reason makes Windower Crash). So I was wondering if I could post the XML into spoiler or something and one of you guys who are good with XML's could take a look at it and see why it does that.

Do you have the most recent spellcast?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-26 10:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dreamx said:
You're aftercast is going off when you are zoning. You need to change that.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-26 10:23:16
Link | Citer | R

You be better off posting your XML at http://pastebin.com where we could all view it than Emailing it.

Also, there' probly is an is an existing XML with most of that in it. But, not being a DRK, I certainly don't have one. You could ask in the BG random question thread. A lotta SC users in there.

Otherwise, I can probly do most of that, depending on how your XML is set up.

Cept the auto-MDT thing. That's a really annoying sounding autoexec kinda thing. I just use an MDT macro, and pay attention.

Leviathan.Dreamx said:

This usually happens when spellcast's aftercast tries to go off while you're zoning. Then you crash.

The reason this happens, is that as a RDM you have so much fast cast, that your spells go off way sooner than spellcast expects them to, and by the time the spellcast calculated aftercast triggers, your in the abyss between zones.

My fix for this involves using a dummy spell. Ever notice that if you try to cast another spell, before the last one's done, the first spells aftercast doesn't go off? So, you make a rule, that casts a different spell on midcast when you cast a zoning spell, then cancel the midcast spell, resulting in no after cast to crash you.

I'll post some code in a minute.

NOTE: this can also happen on the most recent SC version.
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-07-26 10:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Lorax said:
Cerberus.Kelhor said:

Yes, I think you're right in that it requires auto-exec. But it should also require a MDT set within my spellcast .xml right? I suck at this, which is why I'm beggin' for help lol.

I can't help with autoexec, never used it. The rest is pretty straightforward stuff, so if you want, I can send/post my DRK xml.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-26 10:30:03
Link | Citer | R

For the zone/crash issue:
Code

<if spell="Teleport*|Warp*|Escape|Fire Spirit">
<equip set="FastCast" />
<if SpellTargetType="Self">
<cmd when="MidCast" >input /ma "Fire Spirit" me</cmd>
<midcastdelay delay="1.0"/>
</if>
<if spell="Fire Spirit">
<equip set="Idle" />
<cancelspell />
<return />
</if>
<if>

This should work. just make sure to put it somewhere that it'll parse on mutliple magic types. If you actually use the fire spirit spell, then change that to something you don't use. I just have a summoning magic theme going for my dummy spells. <,<;
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-26 10:32:33
Link | Citer | R

And yeah, you'd need a MDT set in your XML with autoexec. Well, really, you could have autoexec trigger a script, or send cmds to equip all the MDT gear, but SC sets are so much nicer.

But really, just make a MDT set in your XML, and use a MDT macro.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dreamx
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2011-07-26 10:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said:
This should work. just make sure to put it somewhere that it'll parse on mutliple magic types. If you actually use the fire spirit spell, then change that to something you don't use. I just have a summoning magic theme going for my dummy spells. <,<;

Would it work if it was at the start of <rules>?
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-07-26 10:43:15
Link | Citer | R

I currently have a MDT set and just macro it in for nukes. But I'm looking for the ease of it on stuff where my pc lag (and drunken reflexes) stops me from getting the set on in time. (comet from iratham comes to mind).

A guy on my server "Daishar" said he'll work on a set for me. Good guy! Thanks for the replies guys, I'll be back if I need more help.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-26 10:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Auto MDT sets are annoying. Go to ws a mob and mob starts casting and you ws in your MDT set... Also how is it suppose to know how long to keep it on for? What if the mob dies or gets para'ed before it goes off and autoexec doesn't see the spell finalize. What about someone fighting a mob next to you? Or how about your own blm casting a nuke? And if you set it to only do it when X Mob casts X spell on you then what about GA spells? Too many issues and would require so very many lines of code just to ensure it doesn't mess everything up....
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-26 10:50:48
Link | Citer | R

For that matter... who compiles the massive list of mob WS that deal magic dmg so autoexec know what to react to? good lord that'd be a pain.
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-07-26 10:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Now THAT sounds like a nightmare.... but ultimately super freakin' awesome!
 Leviathan.Dreamx
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2011-07-26 10:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said:
Code

<if spell="Teleport*|Warp*|Escape|Fire Spirit">
<equip set="FastCast" />
<if SpellTargetType="Self">
<cmd when="MidCast" >input /ma "Fire Spirit" me</cmd>
<midcastdelay delay="1.0"/>
</if>
<if spell="Fire Spirit">
<equip set="Idle" />
<cancelspell />
<return />
</if>
<if>

I get an error to check ending line (being </rules>) everytime I try to plug this into the XML.. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong I'm clueless.
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-07-26 10:59:05
Link | Citer | R

last <if> needs to be a </if>, to close the block.
 Leviathan.Dreamx
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2011-07-26 11:00:08
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kelhor said:
last <if> needs to be a </if>, to close the block.

Herp. Thank you.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-26 11:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Pardon my screw up there, as I altered that to be independent of my actual XML, I didn't save the file and parse with firefox before posting it. Sorry.
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-07-26 11:37:00
Link | Citer | R

http://pastebin.com/f03rcSpX

My current .xml if you guys wanted to see how horrible it actually is lol.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-26 12:10:00
Link | Citer | R

What's with the bizarre spacing, and the odd line numbers? Makes the thing twice as long as it needs to be and a pain to read.
 Sylph.Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-07-26 12:21:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure why it ended up like that on pastebin, only my 2nd time using that site. I assure you it's not like that in my actual .xml file.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-07-26 12:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Autoexec WILLNOT ever detect mobs casting or using abilities Windower does not support botting witch is what your getting into.

Make a macro or dont MDT at all <3
 Cerberus.Sey
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-07-26 12:41:46
Link | Citer | R

I have that zone/crash issue too and ended up posting a pic of my error message and my blu.xml to windower forum. Turns out that I had some errors in my script that I'll address later. But if the gear swap mid zone is crashing it, can't we just add a aftercast delay of 2 or 3 seconds?
 Ragnarok.Lugat
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-07-26 12:45:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Sey said:
I have that zone/crash issue too and ended up posting a pic of my error message and my blu.xml to windower forum. Turns out that I had some errors in my script that I'll address later. But if the gear swap mid zone is crashing it, can't we just add a aftercast delay of 2 or 3 seconds?
that delay will make you crash more <3 its because spellcast cant change gear mid zone so putting the swap right as you zone is a bad idea

Just remove all swaps from zoning spells to stop it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-26 12:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Sey said:
You can also make it so it puts your aftercast gear on at midcast then SC will know you're wearing the gear already and not fire off any gear changes on aftercast.

A temp fix that I did when it was happening to me was stick a 10 second delay on aftercast but if you lagged or anything you can still crash. 2-3 seconds won't be enough.
First Page 2