Fell cleave atma
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Surgator
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2011-06-20 21:55:35
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering , what are the best atma for fell cleave , and if we don't have a lot of atma , can we still do a fell cleave party if we don't have any good atma ?

Thank you for your answer
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-20 22:38:10
Link | Citer | R

I actually never thought of a Fell Cleave Atma build. I guess the ones that would prove most effective would be the ones with TA, Stp and WS DMG+

When you're gaining tp so fast because of retaliation, the actual DoT from Atmas such as RR, SS probably fall back compared to plain WS spam.

I'll edit a few Atma names in a min

Edit:

Griffon's Claw, GS/Scythe skill +10, 2 Handed weapon WS DMG+ (Major)

Lion, TA +10%, -10% PDT, Thunder Atk +30%

Voracious Violet, STR +50, DA+5%, Regain +2Tp/tic

Would be King, Regain +1Tp/Tic, Conserve Tp (Minor), TP Bonus (Minor)

Scoprion Queen, Stp +20, Crit rate +10%, Resist blind (Superior)

Plaguebringer, Regen +10/Tic, Stp +20, DA (Minor)

Crushing Cudgel, Acc (Minor), 2 Handed weapon WS DMG+ (Minor)

Apocalypse, TA+ 15%, Quick Magic +10%, Auto RR
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-06-20 22:48:40
Link | Citer | R

i usually go with VV/apoc/ A+O. some people i know do pdt- for 3rd atma when they pull, but any double/triple attack atmas would work to further increase dot/ws dmg.

edit- something like VV/apoc/lion would work well if you are the only person fellcleaving or you have no rdm for phalanx.

i also know people who use regen atmas instead, so it really depends on your setup if your the main DD or pulling or what support you have or whatnot.
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-20 22:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Apoc + VV + Mighty strikes will get the job done in most situations. I only played around with fell cleaving for about a week before I realized Aeolian was a better option for my situation - so yeah. The damage jump from non-crit to crit was astounding and if you kill enough each time that war should be able to get an isl after each wave, if not a revitalizer can work.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2011-06-20 23:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Always have a Rdm for Phalanx when I do cleave, so it's generally some combination of
Stronghold, Viccisitude(Spelled that wrong, Fistule), Mounted Champion, and Savior. I'm always puller and cleaver so I just use what I have to to stay alive, and take as little damage over time as possible.

The Regen/Defense on most of those really adds up when put together, and Savior's Absorb Damage/Status Resistance can be pretty useful.

I would use more DD Atma if I was doing the whole Smn Perfect defense thing, but, I don't, so it's defense/regen all the way.

You can cleave just fine with not so great atma, or really really easy to get ones. When I first started cleaving, the only Defense/Regen atma I had was Fistule's and random Vit atma, and with so many people killing it nowadays, it shouldn't be to hard to get(Just ask, people can be nice sometimes).
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-06-20 23:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Msthief said:
Apoc + VV + Mighty strikes will get the job done in most situations. I only played around with fell cleaving for about a week before I realized Aeolian was a better option for my situation - so yeah. The damage jump from non-crit to crit was astounding and if you kill enough each time that war should be able to get an isl after each wave, if not a revitalizer can work.

RR and SS will still bump your crit dmg +50%. After those 2, VV or apoc.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-06-20 23:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
I actually never thought of a Fell Cleave Atma build. I guess the ones that would prove most effective would be the ones with TA, Stp and WS DMG+

When you're gaining tp so fast because of retaliation, the actual DoT from Atmas such as RR, SS probably fall back compared to plain WS spam.

I'll edit a few Atma names in a min

Edit:

Griffon's Claw, GS/Scythe skill +10, 2 Handed weapon WS DMG+ (Major)

Lion, TA +10%, -10% PDT, Thunder Atk +30%

Voracious Violet, STR +50, DA+5%, Regain +2Tp/tic

Would be King, Regain +1Tp/Tic, Conserve Tp (Minor), TP Bonus (Minor)

Scoprion Queen, Stp +20, Crit rate +10%, Resist blind (Superior)

Smiting Blow, TP Bonus (Superior), 2 Handed weapon WS Acc (Superior)

Plaguebringer, Regen +10/Tic, Stp +20, DA (Minor)

Crushing Cudgel, Acc (Minor), 2 Handed weapon WS DMG+ (Minor)

Apocalypse, TA+ 15%, Quick Magic +10%, Auto RR

smiting blow does nothing for fellcleave since ftp remains the same no matter what tp%
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-20 23:07:19
Link | Citer | R

You're right. Crit build, my bad. +2 feet add another 10% but aren't an atma.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-20 23:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Ghaleon said:

smiting blow does nothing for fellcleave since ftp remains the same no matter what tp%
Yeah, you're right. I actually forgot FC had static ftp
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-20 23:10:01
Link | Citer | R

I thought the DA on VV was 10% (its honestly one of the very few DD atma I still don't have.. when my LS did the VV run i died at 2% and they killed it anyways ><)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-20 23:14:36
Link | Citer | R

oh ok, that might be what I was confusing it with
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-20 23:34:48
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Shiva.Msthief said:

RR and SS will still bump your crit dmg +50%. After those 2, VV or apoc.

60%*
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-20 23:46:43
Link | Citer | R

do a lot of drk/sam's do Fell Cleave as well with souleater? or is it war only?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-20 23:57:04
Link | Citer | R

DRKs have the wrong 2H and JA to FC properly. And when you're being wacked by multiple mobs at once you probably don't want to take out yur HP on your own either.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-21 00:02:40
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't rdm phalanx 2 really soften the blow there? Idk anything about fell cleave burning, but am curious to try it (for merits) on my war to merit some other jobs that aren't quite capped..I was just simply asking for alternative methods, to loosen up party set ups incase I wanted to try to do it on a mage job or something.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Serveur: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-06-21 00:11:50
Link | Citer | R

Phalanx2 is worse than accession phalanx from RDM main.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-21 00:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
I actually never thought of a Fell Cleave Atma build. I guess the ones that would prove most effective would be the ones with TA, Stp and WS DMG+ When you're gaining tp so fast because of retaliation, the actual DoT from Atmas such as RR, SS probably fall back compared to plain WS spam. I'll edit a few Atma names in a min Edit: Griffon's Claw, GS/Scythe skill +10, 2 Handed weapon WS DMG+ (Major) Lion, TA +10%, -10% PDT, Thunder Atk +30% Voracious Violet, STR +50, DA+5%, Regain +2Tp/tic Would be King, Regain +1Tp/Tic, Conserve Tp (Minor), TP Bonus (Minor) Scoprion Queen, Stp +20, Crit rate +10%, Resist blind (Superior) Smiting Blow, TP Bonus (Superior), 2 Handed weapon WS Acc (Superior) Plaguebringer, Regen +10/Tic, Stp +20, DA (Minor) Crushing Cudgel, Acc (Minor), 2 Handed weapon WS DMG+ (Minor) Apocalypse, TA+ 15%, Quick Magic +10%, Auto RR
Does nothing for dmg but omg, fell cleave range sucks. More TP for better range! (or just use cata)
By Entourage 2011-06-21 00:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Phalanx2 is worse than accession phalanx from RDM main.

5/5 phalanx2? might want to re-look at that
 Sylph.Kiaru
Serveur: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-06-21 00:47:24
Link | Citer | R

http://nullvector.com/enhancing.php

Yep.

At 361(base skill for 90 RDM):
Phalanx absorbs: 34 (34.1)
Phalanx II absorbs: 30 (30.44)

It just keeps going downhill from there, phalanx1 outscales it.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-21 01:12:48
Link | Citer | R

How is that possible, when phalanx 2 has merits to push it further?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-21 01:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Just checked the jp wiki and it's listing that formula for phalanx changes to (Skill-300)/29 + 28 after 300. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? If that's the case then they're tied currently but P2 will be FRACTIONALLY ahead in general if you have 5 merits.
By Buzzwords 2011-06-21 01:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
How is that possible, when phalanx 2 has merits to push it further?

because you're not buying a better phalanx, you're buying the ability to cast phalanx on other ppl. it's like warp2. it doesn't warp you any better.

at 5/5 merits, and very high enhancing magic, phalanx2 just barely overtakes phalanx1. by 1 point, or none.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-21 01:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Well no, I get that buzz, but phalanx 2's merit category states that per upgrade it gets better. Thats why I asked.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ashaaman 2011-06-21 01:59:33
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kiaru said:
http://nullvector.com/enhancing.php

Yep.

At 361(base skill for 90 RDM):
Phalanx absorbs: 34 (34.1)
Phalanx II absorbs: 30 (30.44)

It just keeps going downhill from there, phalanx1 outscales it.

I'd take 4 minutes over 3 minutes any day though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tagrineth
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tagrineth
By Quetzalcoatl.Tagrineth 2011-06-21 02:07:39
Link | Citer | R

DRK/SCH, aoe Absorb-TP
 Asura.Kaisuko
Serveur: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-06-21 02:23:09
Link | Citer | R

I don't cleave often, but I've pulled with just a whm; SS+RR+Apoc.

2hr each pull, basically always get an intense box if lights are capped, which is the only time I cleave.

Usually takes 2 FC's then everything is dead, even with VV atma.. so IMO, just stick with what you normally use, cause the only way its gunna get better is if youre able to one shot and I dont believe any atma will push you that far; mob depending of course (chigoes come to mind when 1 shotting)
By Buzzwords 2011-06-21 04:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Usually takes 2 FC's then everything is dead, even with VV atma.. so IMO, just stick with what you normally use, cause the only way its gunna get better is if youre able to one shot

the worst is when you ALMOST 1 shot them all.. but don't. then you retaliate or swing and finish off the one you were engaged on, and it dies, and you can't ws again even if you have tp cuz you need to be engaged, but you can't engage because you "must wait longer....action" and then when you finally do engage you just swing and kill THAT mob before you can ws, and it turns what shoulda been an epic 5-6k fell cleave into a total failure as you get molested by 100 mobs at 1% hp each....

very frustrating...
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-06-21 05:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Autotarget will solve that problem
First Page 2